Act Now to Protect Your Children
Whether you are a single parent or a family unit, your children depend on you to look after them and to protect them.
Whilst you probably won’t want to think about it, it is so important to protect your children even after you’ve gone. You need to appoint a legal guardian and make a will, but who is going to pay for your funeral?
A pre-paid funeral plan takes care of all of this so your children will only have to make one phone call.
How Much Does a Funeral Cost?
The average cost of a funeral in 2018 is £4,271*. This is an increase of around 5% compared to 2017. Imagine the cost in 40 years time! Funerals are expensive and the costs are increasing every single year. However, if you invest in a pre-paid funeral plan now, your funeral costs will be covered no matter what the costs are in the future.
*See Sunlife’s Cost of Dying Report 2018 for more details
Advantages of a Pre-Paid Funeral Plan.
- It saves your family the burden of planning your funeral: One huge advantage of a pre paid funeral plan is that you will be paying for your funeral yourself. This saves your family the emotional and financial burden of planning your funeral themselves. By pre-planning your funeral, you will not have any worries about your loved ones being burdened in giving you the best send-off.
- It protects you from the rising funeral costs: Funeral services can be very expensive. Whilst you can choose to put your money into your savings accounts as a way to help cover your funeral expenses, it will not provide assurance that your family will be protected against the costs that have been rising over the years. Investing in a pre-paid funeral plan now will let you pay today’s prices with the added benefit of a number of flexible and affordable payment options.
- It allows you to plan your funeral according to your preferences: Most pre-paid funeral plans allow you to plan your funeral to your own specifications, giving you the freedom to shop around and find the best value for your money.
- It offers you valuable guarantees: With a pre-paid funeral plan, you can assure yourself that it will pay the costs agreed for your send-off, even if there have been changes to the economy. As long as the requirements do not change, you will have peace of mind that your family will not be asked to pay more.
- You can spread the costs: Investing in a pre-paid funeral plan now means that you can spread the costs over a longer term – keeping the payments as low as possible.