Invest in a Pre-Paid Funeral Plan Today
When you get to retirement age, its a fact of life that you need to think about the future and you need to protect your family from your funeral costs.
Pre-paid funeral plans have many advantages including the fact that your family will only have to make one phone call when the inevitable happens.
How Much Does a Funeral Cost?
The average cost of a funeral in 2018 is £4,271*. This is increasing every year. Funerals are very expensive but if you invest in a pre-paid funeral plan now, your funeral costs will be covered no matter what the costs are in the future.
*See Sunlife’s Cost of Dying Report 2018 for more details
Advantages of a Pre-Paid Funeral Plan.
- It saves your family the burden of planning your funeral: One huge advantage of a pre paid funeral plan is that you pay for your funeral yourself. This saves your family the emotional and financial burden of planning your funeral. By pre-planning your funeral, you will not have any worries about your loved ones being burdened in giving you the best send-off.
- It protects you from the rising funeral costs: Funeral services can be very expensive. Whilst you can choose to put your money into your savings accounts as a way to help cover your funeral expenses, it will not provide assurance that your family will be protected against the costs that have been rising over the years. Investing in a pre-paid funeral plan now will let you pay today’s prices.
- It allows you to plan your funeral according to your preferences: Most pre-paid funeral plans allow you to plan your funeral to your own specifications. This gives you the freedom to shop around and find the best value for your money.
- It offers you valuable guarantees: With a pre-paid funeral plan, you can assure yourself that it will pay the costs agreed for your send-off, even if there have been changes to the economy. As long as the requirements do not change, you will have peace of mind that your family will not be asked to pay more.
- You can spread the costs: You can choose to pay for the entire funeral plan upfront, or you can spread the costs. There are a number of flexible and affordable payment options available.